How are you feeling? Did you take the time to assess your health lately? It is important to learn how to assess your health if you want to discover deficiencies in time and live healthy for a bright old age. You should also realize that ailments that you suffer from now could be because of lack of certain vitamins or a surplus of weight that you should do something about before it starts to ruin your health seriously. Here is an easy checklist that can help you learn how to assess your health without even going to a doctor.
1. Take a general look at yourself. Stand in front of a mirror and ask yourself what the impression is. Don’t be overly harsh but don’t close your eyes. Honesty is an important start when you are wishing to know how to assess your health. Look at yourself and note signs of tiredness, too much weight, wrinkles in the face that give in that you are frowning more than what you are smiling…
2. What is your skin condition? If you are using lotions a lot you might be missing the point that you simply need to drink more water. Start the habit of having water next to your computer and other places where you spend a lot of time during the day. Drinking water is a great way to feel good and stay healthy.
3. Are you exercising enough? An important point, when you are trying to figure out how to assess your health, is to check how much you are moving. You should be moving for 30 minutes straight at least 3 times a week. Not only this, if your job includes long periods by a computer you should make regular breaks every 20 minutes to get up and stretch your body, eyes and mind!
4. Look at your skin again. Many times you will see that dry skin or problems with cold sores are really a sign of lack of vitamins. This is especially true during the winter months. Think through your eating habits and consider adding vitamins from a jar if you are not getting enough vegetables and other important sources of vitamins.
5. Sleep is also part of a healthy life style and you should try to get around 8 hours a night. This is not always possible and during the times of your life when 8 hours a night seem like a dream you should at least arrange a nap time in the day to catch up and stay healthy.
6. Are you happy? Yes, happiness is also a key ingredient to a healthy life. You can even force yourself to laugh by joining laughter therapy. People who are happy enjoy a much higher quality of life so try to look into what you can do to make your mouth show the pearly whites more often!
Now you should be able to know more about how to assess your health and find out what is missing in your life. Stay healthy and feel happy and good!