Dogs are popular all over the world for their loyalty and playfulness. A dog can transform a home to a happy and healthy one. How to choose dog is not the easiest thing to figure out. There are many things to consider. Before you choose dog you should sit down and discuss the issue with the people who will be affected by the presence of the new family member. Even if you live alone your dog might need some babysitting now and then so make sure to talk about it with the people that could be your candidates for this job.
To help you how to choose dog Expertmom.info has put together a list. Go through this list. Discuss with your family or potential dog sitter how the points on the list affect you and your life. This should help you to choose dog with the kind of smarts that will lead to a dog which will fit you and your family just right!
1. Is anyone allergic? If there are people in the house with allergies it is possible that they might also be allergic to dogs. It isn’t hard to test this but make sure to do so before you move on and decide how to choose dog.
2. Big, small, brown, long hair, short hair… the list goes on. Discuss what type of dog you envision so that you can narrow down the type of dog that you are actually looking for.
3. Borrow a dog. You can help the process of how to choose dog by borrowing one from a friend or neighbor. See how it works in reality.
4. Temperament of the dog will also influence your choice. To decide on this you need to be aware of your life style. Do you travel a lot, do sports, do you often go for walks? You will want a dog that likes to do what you like to do.
5. Who is going to care for the dog? A dog can be a lot of work. You need to walk it, groom it and care for it when it get sick. Ask yourself if you have time for this and look into the types of dogs that demand less maintenance if you are short for time. For an example, a short hair dog will not need vigorous combing like a long haired one.
6. When you are trying to figure out how to choose dog you should also watch movies online where people demonstrate their dogs and talk about why they love them. This should give you an idea of what you are looking for in a dog which will help your search immensely.
When you want to clean jewelry you need to be careful not to hurt the metal and stones. Gemstone rings lose their shine and color when dirt and dust gathers on and around the stone. Depending on what precious metal is being used the ring can also benefit from a good polish now and then.
If you have a very expensive gemstone ring you should probably check with your jeweler about suitable ways to clean it. Gemstone rings can come with and added layer of special varnish which protects the gem. If you rub this off the gemstone will lose its original shimmer and it will be hard to ever get it back without a recoat of the varnish.
Remember to clean a gemstone ring in a safe place. You can certainly do so on your kitchen counter but stay far away from the drain! It is also smart to arrange everything you need before you start so that you don’t have to leave the ring in the middle of your work and risk for little kids to come and play with it.
It doesn’t take much effort to clean a gemstone ring. All you need is some soapy water, a tooth brush and a towel. Work carefully around the ring and gemstone till you see that all of the dirt film is removed. Let the ring dry on the towel and softly wipe it to remove excess water that could dry and leave stains.
Watch this instructive video on how to clean a gemstone ring!
Are your kids screaming a lot? It can get extremely annoying when a child decides to “speak” very loud during the morning and evening hours. Your ears are about to drop and the neighbors whisper to themselves things that you are only too lucky to hear. So what should you do? When your kids are in a screaming game you want them to stop ASAP. There are various methods for this but keep the following in mind:
1. Don’t scream
If you want to see fast results you can certainly raise your voice. This technique might work one or two times till the kids are used to hearing you shout. The best is to avoid screaming even if that’s what you feel like doing.
2. Remove a kid or a toy
Get their attention by removing one of the screamers or the toy that they are focusing on. Place the toy where they can’t reach it. The kid you are better off placing in a reachable place like a different room or on a specific chair.
3. Be patient!
When you stop screaming and acting like above you won’t see immediate results. It takes time for the screamers to get that the picture has changed. They will not like it when you remove toys and this is going to be followed by additional crying. With time you will see that they get the message. Just stay patient and consistent.
Remember that you are your kid’s role model. If you stay calm and put together they will be affected by this behavior. For moments when you really need to snap you should do your best to do so out of their site like in the bathroom. Good luck in making your little shouters lower the volume and listen to what you have to say!
If you don’t have much hanging space in your closet it is a good thing to know how to fold a shirt. It is really easy and anyone can do it. Let your kids watch this video of how to fold a shirt. Next time you bring that laundry basket out for sorting you can line them up and have them fold the shirts. It will be a good idea for everyone!