The danger of removing calcium deposits with citric acid

Citric acid can be found naturally in fruits and especially in citrus fruit like oranges and lemons. This is a very healthy and helpful substance that the body needs but if the body gets too much of citric acid the results can be devastating.

If you are taking a medication with citric acid your doctor has probably already made you aware of the dangers with over dosing on it. You know what symptoms to look for and you will call your doctor a.s.a.p. if any of them develop.

If you are cleaning out calcium deposits from your tea kettle with citric acid you might not be aware of what can happen if you don’t remove all of the acid after the cleaning. If you get citric acid in your tea or coffee in too big amounts you can get sick!

Common symptoms of a citric acid over dose include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and tummy pains. You might be sick for a whole day till your system has cleared out the citric acid and even after this it might take time to recover completely.

When you clean calcium deposits with citric acid you must make sure to rinse the kettle or pot with boiling water after the treatment. Do this once or twice and then also with regular water to avoid any mishaps of getting an overdose of citric acid!

About me | Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Contact me

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy policy and Terms of service apply